Essence of Latinas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013)

+2
Niky
ClubEarthLatinas
6 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 12 Empty Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013)

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:44 am

NOV

MISS EARTH 2013: INTERNET VOTING TO SUPPORT THE CANDIDACY OF HARNÉSIENE SOPHIE GARÉNAUX
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Click crown to learn more about
Miss France
Originally from Harnes, a coal mining town of Pas-de-Calais department in the Nord-Pas-de-Calais, the beautiful Sophie Garénaux was chosen to represent France at the 2013 Miss Earth beauty pageant to be held in the Philippines on December 7th. A fantastic adventure awaits for Miss Nord - Pas-de-Calais and second runner-up Miss France 2013 and it is possible to show your support for Sophie's candidacy for the crown by voting on the internet for Miss Eco-beauty and Miss Photogenic. All this can be done on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or at the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Voting starts on November 11th.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 12 France1

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 12 Empty Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013)

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:33 am

NOV

FINGERS CROSSED FOR MINEIRINHA
Miss Terra Brasil
Since she was crowned Miss Earth Brazil 2013, Priscilla Martins has been preparing for the international competition to be held on Dec 7th in the Philippines. The beautiful Mineirinha has been taking public speaking classes, Corpão physical training, undergone various cosmetic treatments, took foreign language classes and etiquette among others. Priscilla will depart on November 15th for the 13th Miss Earth competition which is celebrating the International Year of Water Cooperation.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 12 Image

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:32 am

NOV

"ECO-ARENA" TO BECOME A CATWALK FOR THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SWISS WOMEN
Miss Earth Schweiz
Since 2006, the Miss Earth Switzerland pageant is held annually. The organization is relatively young but they enjoy a steadily increasing popularity not only in the country but also abroad. The main reason is that the winners use their one year service for social and environmental issues.

The organizers are convinced that their popularity will continue to increase in the coming years because environmental issues are relevant more than ever to the youth and the solar powered and relatively new Umwelt-Arena in Spreitenbach, which is devoted to the same cause, will partner and will serve as the venue for the 2014 competition.

"We are very pleased to announce that for the first time the Miss Earth Switzerland final will be held in the Umwelt-Arena on April 2014," says Tanja Marcic, managing director of Miss Earth Switzerland Organization. Her business partner Tommaso de Longo is pleased that both organizations finally got together. "Our concerns and those of the Umwelt-Arena are congruent in many ways. Opened in 2012, Umwelt-Arena and the Miss Earth Switzerland organization both credible and exemplary in promoting awareness for a more careful treatment of the Earth and its resources." Both organization plans to collaborate for the next three years.

The first energy-neutral beauty pageant in the world

Michel Loris Melikoff, managing director of Umwelt-Arena is convinced: "We are ready to hold our first Miss Earth Switzerland show using solar energy. It will probably even the first energy-neutral Miss contest of the world".

"The Umwelt-Arena fits perfectly with the concerns of the Miss Earth Switzerland Organization and the search for the next ambassador for environmental issues in this country", he says.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 12 MegaSlate_Solardachsystem_Umwelt_Arena_Spreitenbac_88bc7e9a00

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:56 pm

NOV

MONICA LEOVÁ: I'LL FIGHT LIKE A LION
Česká Miss
Reigning Česká Miss Earth Monika Leová has an interesting personality aside form her exotic visage. This daughter of a Vietnamese father and Czech mother, is a talented news presenter, active in modeling and dancing while juggling college. Haló Noviny recently chatted with her before heading off to the Philippines. Here's a snippet from her interview:

You devote yourself fully with your work and studies, where do find energy to do all? Do even have time to relax and unwind?

Only at night. You know I never been the lounging type. I often go to the gym and workout. I get more energy by doing something.

Has your success changed you?

Everyone says I'm still the same Monika they knew. I admit that I was hoping that no one will tell me that I've changed. Yes I have new friends but that's the only thing that's changed and I don't forget my old ones.

At the end of the year you will take part in the Miss Earth competition. Last year it was won by a fellow Czech Tereza Fajksová. Do you think it's hard for the Czech Republic to win again?

People ask me why do I even try to win Miss Earth and I say: Because I wanted to demolish the myth that it can't be done. We are very different. I'll fight like a lion. It will be tough but I look forward to it. Česká Miss World Lucka Kovandová recounted her wonderful experience to me. Meeting girls from all over the world and representing the Czech Republic is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 12 1

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:37 am

NOV

MISS INDIA EARTH PROMOTES SAFE DRINKING WATER
Femina Miss India
Shobhita Dhulipalia, Miss India Earth 2013, is set to spread awareness about the importance of safe drinking water.

Shobhita has associated herself with Pureit, a water purifier brand from Hindustan Unilever Ltd, and she will promote their initiative "Unilever Pureit Protecting Lives Program".

Integrated Village Development Program (IVDP) is Pureit’s key NGO partner in Tamil Nadu’s Krishnagiri district, where Shobhita spent a few days with the villagers to promote the cause of “Safe Drinking Water”.

During her stay at Krishnagiri, she spoke to the villagers about the need for safe drinking water and also helped install Pureit water purifiers in many households in Thopdikupam village in Krishnagiri district.

“I feel proud to be associated with ‘Unilever Pureit Protecting Lives Program’, a unique initiative that provides Pureit water purifiers to the poor through micro-financing, making safe drinking water a reality to these villagers through small instalments,” she said in a statement.

“Besides providing safe drinking water, the program also creates job opportunities for the locals. With this initiative, together we can eradicate water borne diseases and look forward to a safer and healthier Earth,” she added.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 12 25585822

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:42 am

NOV

HELP SOBHITA DHULIPALA WIN MISS EARTH CROWN! VOTE NOW!
Femina Miss India
Ponds Femina Miss India Earth 2013 Sobhita Dhulipala is all geared up to represent India at Miss Earth 2013 pageant to be held in Philippines on 7th December 2013. You can help her win the coveted title of Miss Earth 2013 by VOTING for her! All you need to do is send in heaps of votes to make her win the Miss Photogenic Award & Miss Eco-Beauty Award. In Sobhita's own words, "Miss Earth Pageant implies a larger than life celebration of spirit, beauty, passion and betterment". Now you can play an integral part in making her win the Miss Earth crown just by voting!

Make Sobhita Win Miss Photogenic & Help India win at Miss Earth 2013

To make Sobhita Dhulipala win Miss Photogenic , Click on this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to enter the voting page where you can view the official photo contest entries of the Miss Photogenic Online contest. Search for India or Sobhita Dhulipala in that page and hit the LIKE button below her picture. The ' Likes ' will be counted as votes. The candidate with the most number of votes will be awarded MISS PHOTOGENIC 2013 and will receive an Official Miss Earth 2013 Gold Medal !

Make Sobhita Win Miss Eco-Beauty & Help India win at Miss Earth 2013

To make Sobhita Dhulipala win Miss Eco-Beauty , Click on this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to enter the voting page where you can view the official video entries of the Miss Eco-Beauty Online contest. Search for India or Sobhita Dhulipala in that page and hit the LIKE button below her video thumbnail. The ' Likes ' will be counted as votes. The candidate with the most number of votes will be awarded Miss Eco-Beauty 2013 and will receive an Official Miss Earth 2013 Gold Medal !

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 12 25586069

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:39 am

NOV

MISS EARTH CHINA 2013 IS LISA XIANG
Miss Earth China
The 2013 Miss Earth China pageant was held on Sunday in Shanghai. After three rounds of competition, Lisa Xiang from Jiangsu won the coveted crown besting 27 other contestants. Miss Earth contest promotes environmental protection and have its winners and contestants actively involved in the cause.

Sponsored by Qin Xin Media, since earlier this year, the contest had worked with both government and non-government organizations, participated in more than 20 environmental activities and launched the "Million Trees Project" benefiting Inner Mongolia region.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 12 6369784

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:33 am

NOV

"MISS ASIAN GAMES 2011" TO COMPETE IN MISS EARTH 2013
23 year old Kumis Bazarbayeva will represent Kazakhstan at the 2013 Miss Earth competition to be held in the Philippines.

Kumis was chosen among 30 applicants and won herself a ticket to the international finals. Miss Earth is not just about long-legged beauties parading in swimsuits and evening gowns but most importantly to support nature by raising awareness about environmental issues. This year the competition will focus on the global shortage of drinking water. Before heading off to the Philippines, contestants must prepare a video presentation about their country. Kumis together with director and screen writer Karim Kasemovym already filmed her video which focus on the renouncement of nuclear weapons by the Kazakh President. Also featured in the video is the scenic spots of Almaty.

"I'm satisfied with the finish result of our join efforts", says Kumis. "Now I am focus on my final preparations like searching for bathing suits and outfits. By the way the competition does not allow us to wear leather or fur for it will lead to disqualification. I'm going there in a fighting mode. My dream is to take home the crown".

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 12 Img826_25855

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:43 am

NOV

DOMINICAN PRESIDENT WELCOMES MISS EARTH DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
President Danilo Medina received today in his office at the National Palace model and reigning Miss Earth Dominican Republic 2013 Maria Eugenia Vargas.

The president spoke with her for several minutes. Maria Eugenia was accompanied by her mother, Griselda Yani Vargas, and her aunt Aida Lucia Vargas.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 12 Showimage

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:42 pm

NOV

MISS EARTH 2012 TEREZA FAJKSOVÁ IN THE PHILIPPINES: HELPING TYPHOON VICTIMS
Miss Earth
Since the lives who were affected is important, Miss Earth 2012 Tereza Fajksová decided to engaged in rescue work.

Typhoon Haiyan which totally devastated central part of the Philippine Archipelago left with thousands dead and countless people homeless. There lives is not indifferent to Tereza although she was not directly affected. Therefore, through social media, she expressed her support for the victims posting: "I am here with you and for you Philippines!" She also asked for the arriving Miss Earth 2013 contestants to donate toys for the young children. She also lend a hand in packing relief goods for the typhoon victims proving once again that she is more than just a pretty face.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 12 Qowraf

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:58 am

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 12 2qc1o90
2013 MISS EARTH PAGEANT: Celebrating the International Year of Water Cooperation

STAY CONNECTED: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NOV

MISS INDIA EARTH SUPPORTS THE UNILIVER PUREIT 'PROTECTING LIVES' PROGRAM
Femina Miss India
Pureit, world’s largest selling water purifier brand from Hindustan Unilever Ltd has associated with Miss India Earth 2013, Shobhita Dhulipala to spread awareness about the importance of safe drinking water under its ‘Unilever Pureit Protecting Lives Program’. Integrated Village Development Program (IVDP) is Pureit’s key NGO partner in Tamil Nadu’s Krishnagiri district, where Shobhita spent a few days with the villagers to promote the cause of “Safe Drinking Water”. During her stay at Krishnagiri, Shobhita spoke to the villagers about the need for safe drinking water and also helped install Pureit water purifiers in many households in Thopdikupam village in Krishnagiri district.

Commenting on the initiative, Shobhita said, “I feel proud to be associated with ‘Unilever Pureit Protecting Lives Program’, a unique initiative that provides Pureit water purifiers to the poor through micro-financing, making safe drinking water a reality to these villagers through small installments. Besides providing safe drinking water, the program also creates job opportunities for the locals. Winning the Miss Earth crown will give me a global platform to reach out to NGOs around the world and mobilize support for the cause of ‘Safe Drinking Water’. With this initiative, together we can eradicate water borne diseases and look forward to a safer and healthier Earth. Thanks to Pureit & IVDP, I was able to educate villagers about the significance of safe drinking water and convince them to invest in a water purifier.”

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 12 Novrel40

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:13 am

NOV

VIDEO: ROAD TO FAME - MISS EARTH ROMANIA 2013
Miss Earth România
Ioana Mihalache, Romanian representative at Miss Earth 2013 , one of the four largest beauty competitions in the world , was in the studio to discuss the difficulties and challenges of her career.

After reaching the national finals this year at the Miss World and Miss Universe competition, the 23 year old beauty queen from Constanţa will fight for the title of Miss Earth in the Philippines .

Ioana Mihalache is a graduate of Economics from the University of Ovidius in Constanţa and currently getting her masters degree in European Policy on Regional Development. She speaks English and Italian and for nearly two years working as a model in Turkey and Italy. During the period of November 17th to December 9th, Ioana will stay in the Philippines, and on December 7th could the crown in the finals of Miss Earth 2013 in Muntinlupa City, where 95 beauties from around the world is represented. Watch the video below

Last edited by ClubEarthLatinas on Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:31 am

NOV

MISS EARTH PARAGUAY SEEKING VOTES FOR HER ECO-BEAUTY VIDEO ENTRY
Leticia Cáceres, Miss Earth Paraguay, is asking the public to "Like" her video about Lake Ypacaraí to win the Miss Eco-beauty contest of Miss Earth 2013. If she wins, Lake Ypacaraí will receive a significant contribution from Miss Earth Foundation and which will help alleviate the dire state of pollution.

"I love my country, I care for my country", her environmental project which seeks assistance in helping Lake Ypacaraí is her drive to enter the international competition.

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:35 am

NOV

ASHANTI MBANGA, MISS EARTH SA, HEADING TO MANILA
Miss Earth South Africa
Miss Earth South Africa, 24 year old Ashanti Mbanga, will be heading off to represent South Africa at Miss Earth International which will take place in Manila in December. Ashanti is a Transport Economics Major and is excited to share her passion and views on environmental activism with the world at this year’s Miss Earth Competition.

This year’s international Miss Earth theme will follow the official United Nations theme of Water Cooperation and Ashanti is ready to share with her fellow delegates South Africa’s vision for access to clean water for our nation. Ashanti will be representing South Africa against delegates from all over the world and she will also be travelling around Manila to visit schools, communities as well as dignitaries to share her passion for environmental preservation and improvement. The key focus will be on water co-operation and what each Ambassador can do to continue promoting the responsible use of this scarce natural resource when they return home.

Miss Earth SA executive director, Catherine Constantinides says “we have no doubt that Ashanti will do us proud, she knows what it takes to go all the way, to compete for a title that represents everything she believes in. Her hard work, hands on involvement and tenacity will stand her in good stead. We are proud of her efforts as a green ambassador, not only for Miss Earth, but for our beautiful country too.”

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 12 DSC29151

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:18 pm

NOV

ČESKÁ MISS EARTH 2013 SHOWCASED HER WARDROBE FOR THE COMPETITION
Česká Miss
Before flying to the Philippines, Monika Leová showcased her wardrobe that she'll be bringing to the pageant. At the world finals, she will meet again with the reigning Miss Earth and her predecessor Tereza Fajksová.

Monika will be wearing four pairs of long and short evening cocktail dresses in the duration of her stay in the Philippines. On the grand event, she will wear a bright red tulle dress with satin pipping, satin coated round buttons and a wide skirt.

"I'm excited for my grand finale evening dress. It is simple yet it has intricate details that are not quite obvious in first glance. We decided to have it in red because the color stands out very well and its my favorite color," said Monika.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 12 24mhjie

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:25 pm

NOV

MISS EARTH FAJKSOVÁ: BEAUTY QUEEN SAVING THE WORLD
Miss Earth
Who better to lend a hand and help the victims of the ravaged Philippines than the actual Miss Earth 2012 Tereza Fajksová (24). Fortunately, the menacing typhoon that killed at least 10,000 residents, she avoided. So now she helps the needy as much as possible. Saving the world is a promise Fajksová indeed fulfilled.

When Tereza Fajksová took over the title last year, she promised to help wherever necessary, and protect Mother Nature. Now she lived up to her promise.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 12 1871877-img-tereza-fajskova-filipiny-tajfun

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:43 pm

NOV

MISS EARTH AUSTRIA FLYING WITH EVA AIR
Miss Earth Austria
Miss Earth Austria Katia Wagner, a 25 year old dentist from Vienna, has begun her journey to world finals of Miss Earth 2013 flying with EVA Air. She is already on her way to the Philippines and will arrive on November 14th for the world final of Miss Earth 2013 to be held on December 7th.

"EVA fits very well to the main concerns of Miss Earth: the climate. As Miss Earth national winner, I am an active ambassador for climate protection and many environmental projects. EVA helps in numerous measures for environmental awareness, such as by decreasing emissions of C0, the use of fuel-efficient planes, reducing water consumption and much more. ", said Katia.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 12 Katia-Wagner-Miss-Earth-Austria-Credit-EVA-AIR-568x380

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:50 am

NOV

MISS EARTH HOLDS PAGEANT IN PH AMID TYPHOON DEVASTATION
Miss Earth
This year's edition of the annual Miss Earth pageant, which continues to push for environmental awareness, will once again be held in the Philippines, this time amid one of the worst natural disasters to hit the country.

International contestants started to arrive in the Philippines on Wednesday, less than a month before the finals night on December 7 at Versailles Alabang in Las Piñas.

Among the preliminary activities of the 90 candidates, pageant organizer Carousel Productions told ABS-CBN News, is taking part in relief operations for the survivors of super typhoon "Yolanda."

A number of contestants assisted Thursday in repacking goods at the Quezon City headquarters of ABS-CBN's Sagip Kapamilya, which continues to send aid to devastated communities through its "Tulong Na, Tabang Na, Tayo Na" initiative.

"I can only hope that we can bring as much awareness to it as possible, worldwide, to bring support to the Philippines," Miss USA Nicolle Velez told ABS-CBN News.

"The roads are closed," Miss Guam Katarina Martinez noted, "[so we] can't travel there and help and assist in the way that we want to, so we have to do more on our part."

On its official Facebook page, Miss Earth Foundation said the pageant "more than ever, is not only timely but completely relevant," in light of the recent calamity.

"Miss Earth will show to the world that beauty is not just an eye candy but a tool to help Mother Earth recover from disasters brought about by climate change," it said.

The international pageant, whose slogan is "beauties for a cause," has been held in the Philippines annually since 2001, except in 2010 when Vietnam hosted the finals night.

Carousel Productions earlier announced that the pageant, which will be broadcast in over 50 countries, would highlight eco-tourism "as its contribution to the [Philippines'] efforts to use tourism as a means to help alleviate poverty."

The focus has since included the humanitarian crisis following typhoon Haiyan, with awareness about climate change and its effects put at the forefront.

As of Thursday morning, the death toll due to Haiyan was at 2,357, according to the National Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council. An estimated 11.3 million have been affected with 673,000 left homeless since the typhoon battered parts of Visayas on Friday.

Set to crown her successor in December's pageant is Miss Earth 2012 Tereza Fajksova of Czech Republic, whose one-year reign had her travelling to several countries to promote the organization's environmental awareness and conservation campaigns.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 12 Psy1j

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:53 am

NOV

IT FEELS LIKE I'M PREPARING FOR THE OLYMPICS: SOBHITA DHULIPALA
Femina Miss India
As Sobhita Dhulipala gets set for the Miss Earth 2013 pageant, she shares notes on her journey from a law student to a beauty queen.

As far back as Sobhita Dhulipala can remember, being 'non-existent' didn't bother her. She says she was neither smart enough to be a front bencher, nor fun enough to be a backbencher and, she didn't have enough friends to be a middle bencher. This complex pushed her to achieve only academic excellence. But as fate predisposed, she participated in the Pond's Femina Miss India 2013 pageant, where she was crowned Miss India Earth 2013.

She says, "I didn't expect to win. No one in my family is associated with this industry. I saw a hoarding in Hyderabad and took part. The next thing I know, I've been crowned a Miss India. I was glad I beat my own inferiority complex."

Since then, she has spent every day preparing for the pageant in Philippines next month. As part of her eco beauty project, she highlighted the importance of safe drinking water. Under the 'Unilever Pureit Protecting lives' programme, in association with Integrated Village Development Programme (IVDP), the brand's key NGO partner in Krishnagiri (Tamil Nadu), Sobhita interacted with villagers about safe drinking water and installed water purifiers there.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 12 Thumb

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:08 am

NOV

VALENCIANA TO COMPETE TO BECOME MISS EARTH IN THE PHILIPPINES
Miss Tierra España
Cristina Martínez Murcia, Miss Earth Spain 2013, will compete in Manila on December 7th for the world title. The costumes of the Spanish candidate is designed by César Parla. Her outfits during her stay in the Philippines is from Valencian designer Eva Crespo. Her make up and skin care is provided by Boix Cosmetics de Valencia.

Her bags are already prepared to go for the competition in Manila, Philippines, where at a time the country is recovering from one of the worst natural disasters in its history, with the intention to restore hope and normalcy to a society that depends mostly on eco-tourism.

After winning the title of Miss Earth Spain 2013 in Alhambra, Granada, she faces the biggest challenge of her life; represent Spain in the international edition of the contest Miss Earth 2013 beauty contest that awards not only the most beautiful but also create awareness for the protection of nature.

In addition to its environmental goals, the winner of Miss Earth is involved in international projects.

During the month-long event, the organization carries the Miss Earth delegates selected destinations to display and promote these places to the international followers of the contest.

Participants also take part in tree planting ceremonies, environmental and cultural programs. It is said that the winner is the most beautiful woman on Earth.

Each contestant represents her country and the winner of the title, will have a period of one year reign. The reigning Miss Earth is Tereza Fajksová from the Czech Republic.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 12 Valmiss1

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:16 am

NOV

MISS BAHAMAS EARTH OFF TO MISS EARTH PAGEANT IN THE PHILIPPINES
Miss Bahamas Beauty Org
Vandia Sands Miss Earth Bahamas left for the Philippines today 14 November, 2013 to compete in the world renowned Miss Earth Pageant. Flocked by her parents Mr & Mrs Levan Sands, Queen Manager Ms. Charpella Rolle of the Miss Bahamas Beauty Organization and other committee members along with former Miss Earth Bahamas 2010 Mrs. Aquelle Tuletta the hopeful beauty gave tearful but thankful goodbyes.

Mrs. Tuletta is the proprietor of Guest List Boutique, platinum sponsor of Miss Earth Bahamas wardrobe. Ms. Sand serving as the official face of the Guest List Boutique was outfitted with an entire wardrobe for the three weeks duration of her stay in the Philippines, inclusive of casual wear, cocktails dresses, rehearsal clothing, evenings gowns, footwear and accessories a sponsorship of over $10,000.

A bon voyage celebration was hosted by The Miss Bahamas Beauty Organization for the glowing beauty at the Wyndham Nassau Resorts. Ms. Sands wardrobe was unveil and guest selected one of her three designer evening gowns as the official gown. Helping to display her wardrobe was Miss International Bahamas Miss Keriann Stuart and Miss Teen Bahamas Jazmand Nixon. The MBBO surprised Miss Sands, with a hugh sparkling birthday cake celebrating her special day, guest was also treated to hors d’oeuvres and selected wine. Special artist the legendary Jay Mitchell sang most of top hits to which celebrants danced the night away.

Ms. Earth Bahamas national and environmental costumes were both designed by Bahamian Fashion Designer Patrice Lockhart and sponsored by ICS Limited. Her auction and charity gifts (gold coins featuring our Olympic Medalist and Bahamian straw doll respectively) along with air ticket and expenses of her representation were sponsored by the Miss Bahamas Beauty Organization.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 12 W-Miss_Earth

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:29 am

NOV

MISS EARTH MARTINIQUE TAUGHT ABOUT ENVIRONMENT
Martinique Queens
Tartenson College goes green! Student's learn the right steps to protect our environment. Their mentor, Rani Charles, Miss Earth Martinique 2013, will present their environmental project at the Miss Earth 2013 competition in the Philippines.

"En Vert Un Monde Meilleur" is a project of Tartenson College students, whose goal is to educate the young about the preservation and protection of our environment. A campaign that will mold the new generation to be an eco-citizen.

To give this project international spotlight, they chose school alumni Rani Charles as the face of their campaign. "It all started with my mother, she loves organic farming. Thanks to her, she made me aware about ecology in my early years", says the pretty Miss. The international competition which combines beauty and environmental awareness will take place on December 7th.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 12 72cba977ff5e65f2160f3860868a0b20

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:35 am

NOV

MISS EARTH ZIMBABWE LAUNCHES ONLINE CAMPAIGN
Miss Earth Zimbabwe
Reigning Miss Earth Zimbabwe, Samantha Dika, has launched an online campaign in preparation for the grand finale to be held on December 7 at Versailles Palace, Philippines.

This year's edition of the international pageant has over 90 participants from as far as Ukraine, Turkey, Zambia, United States of America, Venezuela and Zimbabwe.

Director of Miss Earth Zimbabwe, Thandi Muringa said the aim of the pageant was to celebrate beauty with a purpose.

"Our aim is to create a platform for beautiful young women to take an active role in protecting the environment. The big day is drawing close and online voting has already started. Let's support her by following pages on all social networking sites because we want her to bring the crown home," she said.

She said contestants are battling online for the People's Choice, Eco-Beauty and Miss Photogenic titles.

Zimbabwe's representative, Dika has been embarking on a number of projects with the help of the corporate world in preparation for the mega title.

"Last month my team and I planted trees at Kuwadzana 1 Primary School with the help of the Forestry Commission and former big brother housemate Munyaradzi Chidzonga. We also did a water sampling project with the University of Zimbabwe students," she said.

Samantha said she hopes to transform people's lives through effective waste management. She is also hoping to push for a going green campaign that aims to turn trash into cash.

Samantha Dika is a self taught fashion designer who grew up in Harare. A holder of a National Diploma in Tourism and Business Administration, she is currently studying towards Business Administration with the University of London.

The winner of Miss Earth International will serve as the Ambassador to environmental protection campaigns worldwide for a year.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 12 Zimbabwe2

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:59 am

NOV

WINNIE KABWE OFF TO MISS EARTH 2013 PAGEANT
The 13th edition of Miss Earth beauty contest will takes place on December 7 at the Versailles Palace in the Philippines.
Last year’s title holder Miss Czech Republic, Teresa Fajksová will crown the winner at the end of the evening.

Zambia’s Atieno Winnie-Fredah Kabwe, 23, an economics student and model will represent Zambia against delegates from around the world.
This year’s theme follows the official United Nations theme of “Water co-operation” and Kabwe is ready to share with her fellow delegates her plans to take Zambia forward in water co-operation and hydro-tourism.

As an Ambassador for the Duke of Edinburgh’s International Youth Award, Kabwe will arrive in Manila, Philippines, where she will spend three weeks visiting schools and communities, promoting environmental campaigns and programmes whilst meeting with dignitaries and environmentalists across the region.

The key focus of the water co-operation theme is to identify what each ambassador can do to promote the responsible use of the scarce natural resource, water, in their home countries.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 12 Miss-Earth-Kabwe-300x300

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:19 am

NOV

MISS EARTH SWITZERLAND CHARITY CALENDAR
Miss Earth Schweiz
The new charity calendar shows Djoa Strassburg's closeness to nature.

"It came out great". The beauty queen from Zurich posing sexy and styled accordingly to each month. "I'm proud of these images. It's daring but not inappropriate", she said pleased.

The calendar cost 250 Swiss Francs and all proceeds will go to "Because I am a Girl" project which helps Nepalese girls freed from slavery.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 12 Djoa-Strassburg

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next