Essence of Latinas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013)

+2
Niky
ClubEarthLatinas
6 posters

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 9 Empty Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013)

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:41 am

AUG

MISS EARTH ZIMBABWE 2012 TAKES IT TO THE STREETS
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Click crown to learn more about
Miss Earth Zimbabwe
Dimitra Markou (in white), has taken her campaign to the streets across the country, in a bid to increase awareness of health, hygiene and the environment.

Dimitra (DM) spoke with ZDDT’s field Correspondent, NtandoSibanda (NS) and explained her recent involvement, with likeminded organisations, in street clean up campaigns.

NS: Tell us about the Bin It CBD clean-up and how you were involved.

DM: Bin It Zimbabwe is a project which is conducted by a proudly Zimbabwean foundation under the name of Bin-It Zimbabwe Campaign. Our aim is to restore the environmental beauty of Zimbabwe by providing sustainable, lasting waste management solutions across the country.

In our last Big CBD Clean ups in Bulawayo and Gweru, we initiated the collection of waste through the use ofcolour coded bin liners to enable us to further process the waste collected into recyclable collection points and at the clean ups. We handed out 'vehicle litter bags' to deter motorists from throwing litter out of car windows. I was elected to be the spokesperson for Bin-It Bulawayo.

NS: I understand that that you have carried out an awareness campaign. Can you tell us more?

DM: I was elected as spokesperson for Bin-It Bulawayo, prior to the Big City Clean up on the 1st of June 2013. I visited various private and government High Schools around Bulawayo creating awareness on water conservation and waste management, as well as inviting these pupils to attend the clean-up. Most recently I was invited by Miracle Missions to host a talk on Water Conservation at Presbyterian Church in Harare, as well as addressing high school students from various schools around Harare, at Arundel High School.

NS: I believe that Bin It had bags printed especially to support your work. Can you give us some background?

DM: I have handed out vehicle litter bags to the motorists of private and public vehicles. I have also handed out material bags to the general public. To encourage them to re-use this bag for shopping purposes and to reduce the usage of plastic shopping bags.

NS: The last time we spoke, you had just been crowned Miss Earth Zimbabwe. What have you been doing since your visit to the Philippines?

DM: It was such a great honour that, last year November, I travelled to the Philippines to represent our beautiful country in the third largest beauty pageant in the world. During the duration of the pageant, I competed against 84 delegates from around the world, and received three awards, Miss Compassion, Miss Sociable, and the title holder of a five star hotel ' Miss Lake Tagaytay'. On my return to Zimbabwe, I have continued my 6 years of Environmental work.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 9 Ezn4ox

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 9 Empty Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013)

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:47 am

AUG

MISS EARTH BVI TO RETURN HOME AS A PROUD AMBASSADOR
Miss Earth BVI
When Kimberley Herbert won the crown for the first ever Miss Earth British Virgin Islands Pageant recently, she had committed herself to being an advocate for her country both at home and abroad. She started this quest by participating in the Miss Jamzone International Pageant in Guyana on Tuesday evening the 20th of August 2013.

The pageant was described by sources out of Guyana as a "highly contested one" that posed a stiff competition for the BVI representative. Ms Herbert did not place in the competition, however, persons close to the pageant organisation in Guyana said they were confident that, like the others who did not walk away with the coveted prizes, Ms Herbert seized the opportunity to promote her country.

Mr Sherwin Campbell, a patron who was following the pageant closely, said Miss Herbert had a unique character among the delegates and that was being very modest and humble at every event or activity that she appeared. “We called her the Great Mountain, Tortola, beauty,” said Mr Campbell.

The pageant was won by Miss Trinidad and Tobago.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 9 350x_Miss_Jamzone_International_2013_305

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:19 am

AUG

FORMER MISS EARTH SWITZERLAND FEARED FOR HER FAMILY
Miss Earth Schweiz
A raging typhoon in the Philippines. Liza Andrea Kuster experienced first-hand the storm and feared for her family.

"It was so bad. You look out the window and water everywhere", she said. Miss Earth Switzerland 2010 just returned from the Philippines. In the capital city of Manila, the typhoon destroyed homes and lives.

"I was standing in the flood water that reached up to my hips", she said. Lizan, as she calls herself, flew about three weeks ago in the home of her mother to assist her grandmother in her last hours.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 9 78344-qSeF6DSNCkQBSZ_nTMoyeg

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:42 am

AUG

MISS KOREA AS A BEAUTIFUL BRIDE
Miss
Hyo-hee Kim transformed into a beautiful bride at a fashion show held recently at the Ritz-Carlton hotel in Seoul. She appeared on the runway looking elegant and charming wearing different concepts of wedding dress.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 9 11827_33606_3835

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:49 am

AUG

BREAKFAST WITH MISS EARTH SOUTH AFRICA
Miss Earth South Africa
This week as the editor of ZAlebs, I had the pleasure of spending time with the newly crowned Miss Earth SA, Ashanti Mbanga. We had a chance to speak about her experience throughout the entire Miss Earth SA Journey, as well as the crazy joyride that has been the last 72 hours following her crowning as 2013's Miss Earth SA.

We began conversation with pleasantries as I asked how she was doing, to which she replied, "I'm okay, I'm doing very well!" With a humility that warmed my body, let alone hers. Throughout the entire conversation, I don't think I could detect a hint of arrogance or showboating of any kind, Instead I was greeted with humility and genuine joy. A refreshing change, I must admit, as a lot of pageantry competitors (Particularly those that win!) bring an air of superiority with them. I ask her about the moment she hear her name announced [to be crowned as the new Miss Earth South Africa] on Saturday night.

"Oh My Gosh! We were at the back, and looking at each other thinking 'Anybody can take this' I was holding one of the finalists hands, while the winner was being described and bigged up. Suddenly I heard 'Eastern Cape Born' and I knew that I was the only one who was born from there, and before I knew it, my name was called out. I was stunned and all I could do was cry!"

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 9 2nichg5

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:18 pm

AUG

VOTE FOR YOUR MISS EARTH SLOVENIA 2013
Miss Earth Slovenija
On Thursday, August 29th, the 2013 Miss Earth Slovenia competition will be held at the Atlantis Water Park in Ljubljana where twelve beautiful contestants will compete for the crown.

This year the public will have a say who should win the title by voting their favorite contestant on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and on their [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. The winner of the fan vote will win Miss Internet and all votes received by each contestant along with the judges score will determine who will be Miss Earth Slovenia 2013.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 9 Miss_i700

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:54 am

AUG

YAHOO! OMG! EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH MISS EARTH COLOMBIA
Yahoo! OMG! spoke with Diana Carolina Ortegón who will represent Colombia in the 2013 Miss Earth competition to be held from November 14th to December 9th in the Philippines and around Asia. She told Yahoo! OMG! why this contest is different from other beauty competitions.

"Miss Earth is the third most important beauty contest in the world with around 80 to 90 countries represented and each delegate has her own environmental projects in their respective countries", said the 21 year old model and Social Communications student.

About her environmental project that she will present to the international pageant, Diana said she is seeking a solution to help environmental issues in her country. "It is more a proposal than an environmental project. Colombia is rich in natural resources but it is exploited through mining that can make farming very difficult. My proposal is to make necessary laws that can help minimize the exploitation of farming areas and to reforest areas that was weakened by mining activities", said Diana.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 9 0822_missearthcolombia

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:39 am

AUG

UKRAINE-BORN WON MISS EARTH CANADA 2013 CROWN
Miss Earth Canada
19 year old Ukraine-born Sofiya Chorniy is the new Miss Earth Canada. Sofiya was born in the city of Lviv in Ukraine and she and her family migrated to Canada when she was only four. Sofia is a second year college student at the University of Toronto and plans to become a French Language and Literature teacher. She also works as a model in her spare time. She speaks fluent Ukrainian aside from English and French.

"If someone asked me about myself, I would always say 'Ukranian-Canadian' cause since I was very young, I go to Ukraine every year to visit my grandparents. Whenever I was there, they will always bring me to places to show how beautiful Ukraine is. I always been fascinated with the beauty of the Black sea and I think Ukranians have a deep connection with nature", says Sofia.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 9 29kp91t

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:51 am

AUG

PRISCILLA MARTINS IS CROWNED MISS EARTH BRAZIL 2013
Miss Terra Brasil
The final of Miss Earth Brazil 2013 contest happened on Saturday, 24th of August at Estrela do Oeste Clube in Divinópolis. The event was televised live through TV Candidés and was attended by numerous special guests.

21 year old Law student and model Priscilla Martins was the big winner of the night and was crowned as the new Miss Earth Brazil and will compete at the 2013 Miss Earth pageant in Asia. Miss Air title went to Juliete de Pieri while Miss Water and Miss Fire titles went to Karla de Lucas Mandro and Rafaeli Ringenberg respectively.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 9 1175231_547037048684002_1245861678_n

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:46 am

AUG

AMBER RIVERO CROWNED MISS EARTH BELIZE 2013
Miss Amber Reneé Rivero is the new reigning Miss Earth Belize 2013. Belize International Pageants Limited crowned the 21-year-old student of the University of Belize at ceremonies held on Saturday, August 24, 2013, at the Royal Orchid Hotel in Belize City.

As Miss Earth, Amber is the official environmental ambassador of Belize. She will be representing her country at the Miss Earth International Pageant to be held in Manila, Philippines, in November 2013.

According to a press release sent by Belize International Pageants Ltd., the previous queen, Miss Jessel Lauriano, gave her final address and passed on the torch to the newly crowned queen, Ms. Rivero, who said that she is proud to be able to showcase Belize’s natural wonders and help to make her country take its rightful place on the international scene.

The release states that in her acceptance speech, Amber promised “to promote Belize positively in any and every opportunity.” At the very least, her hopes are “to change the way people in Belize think about the natural beauty in their own backyard.” This is because she trusts that “if you change your mind, you can change your life”. Furthermore, in closing, Rivero stated with conviction, “This is not the symbol of beauty or superficial claims, but instead, a declaration of our shared hopes for the future, for a change in Belize.”

At the coronation ceremony, Amber also showcased the talent that she will be offering at the international pageant in November. She performed a masterful rendition of Adele’s “Someone Like You” on the violin, accompanied by steel pans being played by Benoit Coye and Feliece Zelaya.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 9 Amber-Rivero-copy-500x333

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:19 am

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 9 2qc1o90
2013 MISS EARTH PAGEANT: Celebrating the International Year of Water Cooperation

STAY CONNECTED: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT'S NEW

AUG

AN INTERNATIONAL BEAUTY PAGEANT WHERE EVERYONE'S PET CAUSE IS THE ENVIRONMENT
Miss Earth
From toddlers and teens to college co-eds and married women, there’s a pageant for everyone — of every age. Contrary to public opinion, not all pageants are solely about a girl’s looks or figure. There are pageants that have a special focus.

Some pageants award scholarships and there’s one in Israel that even recognizes survivors of the Holocaust — the winner of the recent second annual Miss Holocaust Survivor was 94-years-old.

But there is one beauty pageant that really wants to leave its “heel print” on the world — The Miss Earth Pageant.

Unlike other pageants where girls prepare by practicing for hours how to walk in high heels without falling, smiling and answering judges’ questions intelligently, the Miss Earth Pageant has one more requirement of its contestants. Each girl is required to get involved in protecting the environment.

Established in 2001 with the intent to be a pageant featuring “beauty with a cause,” the organizers of the Philippine-based pageant, which has over 60 contestants from around the world, wanted their winner to serve as the ambassador to worldwide environmental protection campaigns.

It means that each contestant must do more than pick out a pretty evening gown for the event. They must also create an environmental project. This year the pageant is aligning itself with the observance of the International Year of Water Cooperation.

Individual country winners are already doing their part for their local environment. Colombia’s Miss Earth candidate for 2013, Diana Carolina Ortegon, planted trees in her town of Girardot, to fulfill her project requirement of raising awareness about the environment.

A quick scan of the organization’s Facebook page shows that each country with a Miss Earth representative is involved in doing something for the environment in their countries — planting trees seems to be the most popular activity.

While the current Miss Earth, Tereza Fajksova, of the Czech Republic, has been busy traveling around the world participating in environmental causes, the countries sending a representative to the November pageant in the Philippines, have been busy crowning a new ‘crop’ of winners.

In addition to the Miss Earth title, contestants have the opportunity to be named additional title holders — Miss Air, Miss Water and, of course, Miss Fire — the basic Greek elements for matter.

Though beauty pageants aren’t attracting the attention of the public as they used to, one with such a worthy cause — even if it’s hidden by the foliage of traditional pageant trappings — deserves more attention, especially at a time when the planet’s resources are under siege.

To get everyone’s attention about the issue, it just may need a pretty face to send the message.

<< Amber Rivero Crowned Miss Earth Belize 2013 + more

Last edited by ClubEarthLatinas on Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:10 pm

AUG

MISS EARTH SLOVENIA 2013 IS NINA KOS
Miss Earth Slovenija
On the 29th of August, the Miss Earth Slovenia 2013 competition was held at the Atlantis in Ljubljana. The five-member jury chaired by Miss Earth Slovenia 2012 Anjeza Barbatovci viewed all the contestants in their cocktail dress, swimsuit and evening wear and chose which two will be crowned Miss Earth Slovenia for this year and for the next year.

The 2013 title went to Nina Kos (right), a 21 year old college student from Ljubljana and appointed Miss for 2014 is 24 year old Patricia Peklar from Nove Gorice (left). Nina revealed that aside from using her title to raise awareness about the environment, she will also take on to raise awareness about diabetes since she is diabetic.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 9 Image_9095083_3

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:23 pm

SEP

MISS EARTH COLOMBIA FEATURED ON NATIONAL TV
Diana Ortegón is making her presence felt to her countrymen as their representative to the Miss Earth 2013 pageant. Watch the video below.

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:39 pm

SEP

HUATULCO TO HOST MISS EARTH MEXICO CONTEST
Miss Earth Mexico
Huatulco, Oaxaca will host the 2013 Miss Earth Mexico competition where 32 beautiful women representing their respective states will gather together to promote ecology and culture while competing for the national crown and the right to represent Mexico in the 2013 Miss Earth pageant in the Philippines later this year.

Within twelve days, the contestants will visit beaches, various tourist spots and other attractions leading up to the grand final on October 26th. Paola Concha Aguilar, Miss Earth Mexico 2012, will crown her successor at the conclusion of the annual beauty event.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 9 562311_617453628285526_1992433282_n

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:02 am

SEP

BEAUTIES FOR A CAUSE: MISS EARTH HAWAII AND MISS EARTH USA
Spreading the word about a clean and green environment are newly crowned Miss Earth Hawaii Lucie Poehere Wilson and Miss Earth USA Nicolle Velez. They both took top prizes at the Miss Earth Pageant last night by impressing the judges on their enviromental platforms as well as competing in swimwear, evening gown and interview phases. Watch the video below

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:40 am

SEP

MISS EARTH SWITZERLAND ON A MISSION IN NEPAL
Miss Earth Schweiz
On Sunday, 8th of September, Djoa Strassburg will travel to Nepal for Plan Switzerland's children's charity program.

"The tension increases as the day approaches", says the 21 year old. "But I'm very excited because I get to make a personal contribution in a developing country".

Social issues are a deep concern for the young beauty queen not just because she is Miss Earth Switzerland but in fact that's the main reason why she entered the contest in the first place.

"Beauties for a Cause" is the motto of Miss Earth contest. Issues such as social injustice, climate change and environmental protection are sought out which set them apart from other beauty contests.

Djoa has set a goal to collect as much money needed for the Kamalari Project of Plan Switzerland to help the slave girls (Kamalari) in Nepal. The actual fund raising will be on October in Letzigrund Stadium in Zürich.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 9 334556-de13fc4490fbd29a732bf77eb7476650

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:14 am

SEP

SHAZNAY HAYAT WINS DIAMOND DESIGNS'S MISS PAKISTAN WORLD 2013
Miss Pakistan World
24-year-old Shanzay Hayat was crowned Miss Pakistan World 2013 at the Red Rose Convention Centre in the Toronto suburb of Mississauga. Shanzay will be representing Pakistan in the upcoming Miss Earth 2013 pageant.

Post win, the New York-based model said she wanted to use the title to “shed a positive light and show the world there’s more to Pakistan than what is portrayed”.

Mississauga’s Asiya Flower was declared the first runner-up while Oshawa’s Gizella Mandi was adjudged the second runner-up.

During the final Q/A round, judges asked Shanzay that if she were to win the crown and then get a call from Nawaz Sharif to become Pakistan’s Prime Minister for 24 hours, what one law would she pass? The beauty queen said that education of women is most important and she would “pass a law to educate every woman…Once women have education, they will change society,” answered Shanzay amid rounds of applause.

In the talent round too, Shanzay won appreciation for her belly dance performance. Shanzay Hayat was also awarded the Miss Popularity, Miss Talent and Miss Perfect Ten subtitles at the pageant.

This was the 11th year of Miss Pakistan World.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 9 Shanzay_hayat_wins_diamond_designs_miss_pakistan_world_2013

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:54 am

SEP

MA. RENÉE CARMONA IN ECUADOR
The statuesque beauty from Cochabamba, María Renée Carmona is currently in Guayaquil, Ecuador for the Miss United Continent 2013 pageant where beauties from America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Oceania are represented.

Promociones Gloria, which is responsible for her entry in the contest, revealed that the contestants are staying at Hotel Wyndham in Puerto Santa Ana and will visit various tourist spots including the beautiful beaches of Manta in Manabí Province where they will shoot videos as part of the final event then on September 7th, the girls will wear their national costumes showcasing their respective cultures for the National Costume competition in Lago Agrio.

The final event will be held on Sept 14th at the Palacio de Cristal where outgoing queen Camila Serakides of Brazil will crown her successor.

The next challenge for Ma. Renée will be the 2013 Miss Earth competition on December 7th in the Philippines. Nancy Aguilar, of Casa de la Belleza (organizer of Miss Cochabamba), said that the young statuesque beauty has been preparing for each aspect of the 'cause oriented' competition. Aguilar added that Carmona did not undergone any surgery and temporarily left her studies in Civil Engineering to fully comply with her obligations as a beauty queen.

Ma. Renée is 18 years old and has been an outstanding basketball player.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 9 490501_gd

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:47 am

SEP

ALEXANDRA BRAUN EXPLOSIVE IN BOEING BOEING
Miss Earth
The beautiful model, tv and radio presenter and now actress Alexandra Braun debuted last weekend in the play 'Boeing, Boeing' written by Frenchman Marc Camoletti in 1962.

Braun plays the character of Gloria Hawkins, an American flight attendant who steals much of the show and shares scene with great actor Javier Vidal, who plays the lovesick playboy and Karl Hoffman, a childhood friend. While Marcos Moreno plays a bitter gay butler. The other attendants are Catherina Cardozo and Norymar Garcia.

Undoubtedly Alexandra want to leave an impression on everything she does and open to do soap operas in the future.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 9 Alexandraabreu-512x330

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:56 am

SEP

MISS EARTH GHANA 2012 FETES ORPHANS IN ACCRA
Miss Earth Ghana
Last Saturday August 31, 2013, Miss Earth Ghana 2012 winner Jennifer Maame Tete Kyekye, feted the inmates of the Christ Faith Foster home popularly known as the Frafraha Orphanage in Accra.

The gesture which was in commemoration of her 22nd birthday celebration was her little way of giving back to society and thanking God for a successful reign and adding another year to her age.

Accompanied by the 2013 Male Icon Ghana event contestants, Miss Earth Ghana 2013 winner Amabel Klutse and first Runner up Naomi Balfloe, as well as family and friends, Miss Kyekye Tete also donated bags of rice, cooking oil, toiletries and drinks valued at 1,500 Cedis for the upkeep of the children in the foster home.

The Mother and Caretaker of the home Madam Henrieta Asare Agyeman, was very grateful to the beauty queen for remembering them on her special day and appealed to individuals and organizations to come to the aid of the home stressing that no donation is too small or big in the running and upkeep of the foster home.

Miss Kyekye is the first ever nationally crowned Miss Earth Queen is currently a medical student at the Korlebu Teaching Hospital. She will be launching her ‘Save the Earth Foundation’ in the coming months to educate Ghanaians about the need to preserve the environment and take care of mother earth.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 9 10ztspk

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:46 am

SEP

NINA KOS: I FACE DIABETES EVERYDAY
Miss Earth Slovenija
Get to know the new Miss Earth Slovenia in this interview with Govori.se:

What did you felt when you heard your name as the winner?

Phenomenal, my childhood dream came true. Since I was five years old, I competed in mini Miss competitions and I enthusiastically follow beauty pageants. I'm glad mainly because I can use this experience in my future.

What did you expect when you entered?

I applied for new experiences and friendships that would benefit me in my future career. I think the Miss Earth competition is ideal for seeking new opportunities. Right from the beginning my aim was to win, or at least one of the runner ups.

What changed while your on this path of becoming a beauty queen?

Ever since I was diagnosed as a diabetic, my priorities in life has completely changed. I'm much more aware of the real life, and I began to let go of things that I previously thought to be important, cause it turns out it was just a burden in my life.

How is the disease changed your life?

My life changed for the better despite having diabetes. Now I really appreciate health, happiness and love.

Was is it difficult to accept?

At first it was difficult to accept, but soon I realized that I can live perfectly normal, I just need to adjust my daily routine. Today, I completely accept its a part of me.

What ecological project you have prepared before the finals?

I touched the issue of water, which is one of the main sources of life. So I prepared a project of collecting rainwater for residential use, in such that I hand out special leaflets to encourage people to buy a tank for collecting rainwater.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 9 Le37_8_kos_sr-1_i700

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:15 am

SEP

BANJA LUKA NATIVE WON THE MISS EARTH BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA 2013 TITLE
Miss Earth BiH
18 year old model Vera Krneta from the city of Banja Luka won the contest on Sunday night. Miss Fire, Miss Water and Miss Air titles went to Marijana Kretić, Anđela Gavrilović and Jasna Ivetić respectively.

Aside from modeling, Vera also engaged in dancing, enjoys music and hanging out with friends. Earlier in an interview with Klix.ba, Vera mentioned that she entered the contest because she believes she has all the qualities needed for such a pageant like Miss Earth.

When she's not on the runway, Vera focuses on her education which is one of her priorities.

The glittering event was dedicated to the late King of Pop Michael Jackson who was also known as an advocate for the environment.

Last year, Zerina Širbegović failed to enter the Top 16 in the international contest. Bosnians now are hoping that Vera Krneta may have more luck.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 9 130908079.4_mn

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:57 am

SEP

HASLEEN KAUR AS NEW AMBASSADOR FOR JEWELRY BRAND
Femina Miss India
P C Chandra Jewellers, one of the largest jewellery houses from Eastern India today announced Hasleen Kaur, former Femina Miss India Earth 2011 as their new brand ambassador. Hasleen Kaur will follow in the footsteps of previous emerging beauties like Deepika Padukone, Yami Gautam who were once a face of the brand and then later went on to become celebrated Bollywood beauty queens.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 9 Seprel49

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:11 am

SEP

BRAZILIAN EXPO USA 2013
Miss Terra Brasil
After crowning her successor last month, Camila Brant is in Boston for the Brazilian Expo USA 2013 this weekend that will feature business, fashion, literature and cuisine.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 9 2us7srt

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEarthLatinas Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:23 am

SEP

BECAUSE I'M A GIRL CHARITY RUN
Miss Earth Schweiz
Miss Earth Switzerland Djoa Strassburg and Plan Switzerland will organize a charity run at Letzigrund Stadium in Zurich on October 13th. The Becaus I'm a Girl charity run is a fundraising campaign for the disadvantage girls worldwide. Recently, Djoa and Plan Switzerland went to Nepal to help the slaves or "Kamalari" girls as part of Plan Switzerland campaign.

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2013) - Page 9 2jes1v4

ClubEarthLatinas
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next