Essence of Latinas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2015 - SWEDEN IS THE WINNER!!

+8
Belle
rachel-lowe23
Joe_51
Niky
Amelia-Vega
MartiFelipe57
IVANIEL
mastiha
12 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2015 - SWEDEN IS THE WINNER!! - Page 3 Empty Re: EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2015 - SWEDEN IS THE WINNER!!

Post by mastiha Mon May 25, 2015 2:27 pm

Belle wrote:

If anything I would say Sweden is the Veneuzela of ESC . We take it as seriously as Vnezuela does with they pageants.

Also Sweden is seen as the powerhouse of ESC. That's why you and many people are such Sweden haters !!!!

Ireland is the Queen of Eurovision, they have 7 victories and 2 bacK to back victories, you don't!!
And by the way nObody hates nobody here!!!
mastiha
mastiha
GREECE'S GOVERNOR
GREECE'S GOVERNOR

Back to top Go down

EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2015 - SWEDEN IS THE WINNER!! - Page 3 Empty Re: EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2015 - SWEDEN IS THE WINNER!!

Post by mastiha Mon May 25, 2015 4:12 pm

for any more news and fact about ESC you can visit

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
mastiha
mastiha
GREECE'S GOVERNOR
GREECE'S GOVERNOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle Tue May 26, 2015 11:34 am

mastiha wrote:
Fernando wrote:In this contest who choose the winner, the judges or the televoters?
It was only televoting a few years ago, 1997-2008, the golden era as it is known!!
Before that not all countries had the technology to support televoting!
One year after the juries return countries began to leave the contest as a protest! Turkey, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Slovakia... Portugal and Cyprus also for a couple of years! Anyway after the recent incidents there will be a conferance in June where all the Organizing National Televisions will try to fix all the problems!

Golden era of what??? Diaspora voting?????? Laughing

Funny how you think that is golden era when it's the time when your own country won!

Belle
SWEDEN'S GOVERNOR
SWEDEN'S GOVERNOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle Tue May 26, 2015 11:37 am

mastiha wrote:
Belle wrote:

If anything I would say Sweden is the Veneuzela of ESC . We take it as seriously as Vnezuela does with they pageants.

Also Sweden is seen as the powerhouse of ESC. That's why you and many people are such Sweden haters !!!!

Ireland is the Queen of Eurovision, they have 7 victories and 2 bacK to back victories, you don't!!

How can they be Venezuela when they completely sucks now???

BTW, many people think it's only question of time before Sweden will pass them in victories.

Belle
SWEDEN'S GOVERNOR
SWEDEN'S GOVERNOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle Tue May 26, 2015 11:50 am

Fernando wrote:In this contest who choose the winner, the judges or the televoters?

It's 50/50, which is the most fair.

With only televoting there will be too much impact of:

1. Diaspora/Neighbour voting
2. Running order

The juries are needed to balance it out.

Belle
SWEDEN'S GOVERNOR
SWEDEN'S GOVERNOR

Back to top Go down

Post by mastiha Tue May 26, 2015 12:55 pm

Belle wrote:
mastiha wrote:
Belle wrote:

BTW, many people think it's only question of time before Sweden will pass them in victories.

Until then you can be Puerto Rico or USA they are Vene!!!!! And be cool it's only a singing contest! You don't have to trash the other countries, there would not have been a competition without them!
Can you define what do you mean when you say "diaspora"??
mastiha
mastiha
GREECE'S GOVERNOR
GREECE'S GOVERNOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle Tue May 26, 2015 1:02 pm

mastiha wrote:
Belle wrote:
mastiha wrote:
Belle wrote:

Until then you can be Puerto Rico or USA they are Vene!!!!! And be cool it's only a singing contest! You don't have to trash the other countries, there would not have been a competition without them!
Can you define what do you mean when you say "diaspora"??

Immigrants around the Europe that vote for their home country regardless of how good or bad the song is.

How can Ireland be Venezuela when they have so poor results now? Do Venezuela sucks now too?

Belle
SWEDEN'S GOVERNOR
SWEDEN'S GOVERNOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle Tue May 26, 2015 1:03 pm

However I agree with Turkey being an amazing winner. It's my favorite winner ever.

Belle
SWEDEN'S GOVERNOR
SWEDEN'S GOVERNOR

Back to top Go down

Post by mastiha Tue May 26, 2015 1:08 pm

Belle wrote:...
Immigrants around the Europe that vote for their home country regardless of how good or bad the song is.
If that was the case Albania and Israel would win every year!!!
They have the right to vote, and every vote should count for the same.... it's called democracy! We should not treat them like their a source of a problem or something!!!
Anyway... why don't do a post with your favs Swedish and non Swedish, I would like to see that!
mastiha
mastiha
GREECE'S GOVERNOR
GREECE'S GOVERNOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle Tue May 26, 2015 1:48 pm

mastiha wrote:
They have the right to vote, and every vote should count for the same.... it's called democracy! We should not treat them like their a source of a problem or something!!!
Anyway... why don't do a post with your favs Swedish and non Swedish, I would like to see that!

Winners?? Or can it very non-winners too?

Belle
SWEDEN'S GOVERNOR
SWEDEN'S GOVERNOR

Back to top Go down

Post by mastiha Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 pm

Belle wrote:
mastiha wrote:

Winners?? Or can it very non-winners too?
Winners non winners , even last places as lonh as they are your favs!
mastiha
mastiha
GREECE'S GOVERNOR
GREECE'S GOVERNOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle Tue May 26, 2015 2:03 pm

My top 3 faves:

Winners, non-swedish.
1. Turkey 2003
2. Ukraine 2004
3. Spain 1969

Winners, swedish:
1. 2012
2. 2015
3. 1999

Non-winners,non-swedish :
1. Cyprus 1983
2. Netherlands 1974
3. Norway 2006

Non-winners, swedish:
1. 1996
2. 1989
3. 1983

Belle
SWEDEN'S GOVERNOR
SWEDEN'S GOVERNOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle Tue May 26, 2015 2:06 pm

BTW, fave contest ever is Athens 2006. Everything was fantastic. The songs, venue, show.

I hope SVT will do something as great in 2016. I was very disappointed by the show in 2013. I hated SVT when they put ESC in Malmö. But I'm from Stockholm, I so want to feel the ESC spirit live.

Belle
SWEDEN'S GOVERNOR
SWEDEN'S GOVERNOR

Back to top Go down

Post by mastiha Tue May 26, 2015 2:20 pm

I have only one request for next year........... Petra!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mastiha
mastiha
GREECE'S GOVERNOR
GREECE'S GOVERNOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle Tue May 26, 2015 2:37 pm

mastiha wrote:I have only one request for next year........... Petra!

She's great. But Sweden has other great opitions. I rather want Sarah Dawn Finer or/and Sanna Nielsen to host. Petra had her chance in ESC 2013 and Eurovision greatest hits in London. She also hosted MF 2009. It's time to give another person the chance instead.

Belle
SWEDEN'S GOVERNOR
SWEDEN'S GOVERNOR

Back to top Go down

Post by mastiha Tue May 26, 2015 2:39 pm

Sanna from last year?? They could co host I guess!
mastiha
mastiha
GREECE'S GOVERNOR
GREECE'S GOVERNOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle Tue May 26, 2015 2:42 pm

mastiha wrote:Sanna from last year?? They could co host I guess!

Yes, Sanna Nielsen, the swedish performer in ESC 2014 with the song Undo. She hosted MF 2015 and did an amazing job.

Belle
SWEDEN'S GOVERNOR
SWEDEN'S GOVERNOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue May 26, 2015 4:40 pm

Belle wrote:

2. Running order

So the judges make the final decision?
Fernando
Fernando
BEAUTY BEHOLDER
BEAUTY BEHOLDER

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle Tue May 26, 2015 5:02 pm

Fernando wrote:
Belle wrote:

2. Running order

No, the juries make their decision the evening before the grand final. There is a jury final then the day after it's the grand final with televoting. In other words there are two evenings in row the participants needs to do their best or else it can destroy their chances. The juries don't vote at all in the final itself. The score is televoting+jury. The entry that have the best score with both televoting and jury. Italy failed because their jury result was too bad.  They had only 6th best score among the juries. It's simple not good enough to win even they won televoting. It's they combined score that counts.

Belle
SWEDEN'S GOVERNOR
SWEDEN'S GOVERNOR

Back to top Go down

Post by mastiha Tue May 26, 2015 6:49 pm

Fernando wrote:
Belle wrote:..........

2. Running order

To make long story short...yes!! Sadly 5 people in each country can wipe out millions of votes!
They should go for a 100% jury system and don't let people spent their money for nothing! But I guess they want our money anyway!
Neighbour voting is,there nothing changed perhaps got a little worse! Just study the scoreboards!

Diaspora is a such a weird/silly think to say! How can we even be sure about that?
Are immigrants' phones monitored! If that was the case only Albania and Romania would have won during the golden era... none of them did! In fact Albania always did bad back then! To be honest I resent the fact that an immigrant's vote is less imprortant that any other vote! I feel uncomfortable judging a felllow human being's right to vote freely whomever he wishes!
The fact that we say that we have juries to control the wishes of the people is highly undemocratic! What if tommorow in a state election they told you , "you are not good/smart enough, I don't like what you voted so I count half of your vote", how would you feel??

Basically you say that juries are there cause EBU did not like the results!
.................................................................................................................

And then there are the more moral issues... oh my!
Azerbaijan has been accused and fined by EBU for trying to bribe Jury members! There was big issues involving Malta , Cyprus, Czech R.

Every juror signs a legal document where he/she states that he/she is not connected in any way with any of the participating songs entered an/or artists performing in the contest in such a way that they cannot vote in complete independence and impartiality.
Moments after the end of this years show  juror Jake Stone appeared on Australia’s Today program revealed that he is good friends with Katrina Noorbergen, one of the songwriters and backing vocalist of “A Million Voices”.
Stone is listed as Juror E in the full voting results, which you can view on Eurovision.tv. He gave Russia top marks in both the semi-final and grand final
You can understant how many moral and legal issues are raised here! He could get in trouble, the Australian broadcaster also could get in big big trouble!

This year Fyrom and Montenegro failed to present jury votes, and now what about their votes? Will they count! Will there be refunds for the televoters??

So many issues!

For me EBU should go for 100% jury system since they are not happy with the choices people make or go for full televoting which is good for the show! Let's face it's the interaction that makes the difference!
mastiha
mastiha
GREECE'S GOVERNOR
GREECE'S GOVERNOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle Tue May 26, 2015 7:27 pm

mastiha wrote:
Fernando wrote:
Belle wrote:..........

2. Running order

To make long story short...yes!! Sadly 5 people in each country can wipe out millions of votes!
They should go for a 100% jury system and don't let people spent their money for nothing! But I guess they want our money anyway!
Neighbour voting is,there nothing changed perhaps got a little worse! Just study the scoreboards!

Diaspora is a such a weird/silly think to say! How can we even be sure about that?
Are immigrants' phones monitored! If that was the case only Albania and Romania would have won during the golden era... none of them did! In fact Albania always did bad back then! To be honest I resent the fact that an immigrant's vote is less imprortant that any other vote! I feel uncomfortable judging a felllow human being's right to vote freely whomever he wishes!
The fact that we say that we have juries to control the wishes of the people is highly undemocratic! What if tommorow in a state election they told you , "you are not good/smart enough, I don't like what you voted so I count half of your vote", how would you feel??

Basically you say that juries are there cause EBU did not like the results!
.................................................................................................................

And then there are the more moral issues... oh my!
Azerbaijan has been accused and fined by EBU for trying to bribe Jury members! There was big issues involving Malta , Cyprus, Czech R.

Every juror signs a legal document where he/she states that he/she is not connected in any way with any of the participating songs entered an/or artists performing in the contest in such a way that they cannot vote in complete independence and impartiality.
Moments after the end of this years show  juror Jake Stone appeared on Australia’s Today program revealed that he is good friends with Katrina Noorbergen, one of the songwriters and backing vocalist of “A Million Voices”.
Stone is listed as Juror E in the full voting results, which you can view on Eurovision.tv. He gave Russia top marks in both the semi-final and grand final
You can understant how many moral and legal issues are raised here! He could get in trouble, the Australian broadcaster also could get in big big trouble!

This year Fyrom and Montenegro failed to present jury votes, and now what about their votes? Will they count! Will there be refunds for the televoters??

So many issues!

For me EBU should go for 100% jury system since they are not happy with the choices people make or go for full televoting which is good for the show! Let's face it's the interaction that makes the difference!

Ohh please. The jury don't decide anything.

If you don't want to pay then don't vote. No one force you to vote. So you mean people in Europe only vote for the favorites?? I mean why pay to vote for any country that have no chance to win regardless if it's the personal favorite?  People vote for their favorite songs, not to make them win. One of my faves was Slovenia and I voted for them even if I know they had zero chance to win.

So you basically said the voters voted for Italy to make them win not that they were the people's favorites. If so I don't take it other than people wanted to destroy Sweden's and Russia's chances.

If anything this is destroying the whole ESC when televoters vote for COUNTRIES not SONGS.

Once again you say the juries are bad. But in which way are televoters better? Are they Gods of music that know everything about MUSIC???? The immigrants vote only for their countries no matter what, the neighbours voting for each other no matter what, the people are not voting for their favorites but for a country that they don't like that much only to try destroy other favorites chances. The running order do have much more impact in televoting. Why the first half needs to compete at all??? They are screwed anyway. All money, time and work they had give to their entries are WASTED!!!!!!

In other words if we go to only televoting then ESC is destroyed. I really hope Sweden and other countries withdraws in that case.  ESC don't deserve Sweden and our music. ESC don't deserve the 3rd largest music exporter in the world and biggest music exporter in the world per capita.

I wonder why Sweden participate at all with all this hate? Let the CORRUPT Eastern and Southern  countries have ESC by themselves instead. No mean to waste money, work and time in it anyway.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Mad

Belle
SWEDEN'S GOVERNOR
SWEDEN'S GOVERNOR

Back to top Go down

Post by mastiha Tue May 26, 2015 7:54 pm

Dear Belle it's not hate about Sweden or UK or Iceland or .....
It's about doing the right think for everybody!
How would you feel if someone took Loreen's victory away! No nobody complaint that year, some may not like that kind of music but nobody said she was undeserving!
And I don't judge people or countries by how much they produce or export or whatever... that's only money! People matter no matter where they come from!
mastiha
mastiha
GREECE'S GOVERNOR
GREECE'S GOVERNOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle Tue May 26, 2015 8:15 pm

mastiha wrote:Dear Belle it's not hate about Sweden or UK or Iceland or .....
It's about doing the right think for everybody!
How would you feel if someone took Loreen's victory away! No nobody complaint that year, some may not like that kind of music but nobody said she was undeserving!

It's hate nothing else!!! And people are complain about the winner every year. Loreen was called WITCH, A MEMBER OF THE ADDAMS FAMILY ect.

Do you know what some people call her even today?? SNOREEN!!!!!!!! That's absolutely disgusting!!!!!!

Even before ESC 2015 people said Sweden have nice song but we don't want them to win. It's too early. It's clear that people voted for Italy only because they wanted to Italy rather than Sweden again.

Before ESC 2015 I asked on Facebook: Why do people overreact everything about Sweden every year? The answer I got was: because you are SWEDEN!!!!! If it is about another country then no one would care about it the person continued. He also said it's not right but it is how it is.

Once again what's the point with ESC if people are voting to win not for their favorite songs. No, only televoting would destroy the whole ESC. People would vote against Sweden to make sure we will not win again, and against Russia for obvisously reasons. People would also vote for their home country from another countries or neighbours will voting for each others. The first half would be screwed and all time and work for their entries will be wasted. Is that fair???

Belle
SWEDEN'S GOVERNOR
SWEDEN'S GOVERNOR

Back to top Go down

Post by rachel-lowe23 Tue May 26, 2015 8:41 pm

mastiha wrote:I have only one request for next year........... Petra!

I love Petra!!! thumbs up
rachel-lowe23
rachel-lowe23
DISTINGUISHED
DISTINGUISHED

Back to top Go down

Post by mastiha Wed May 27, 2015 4:04 am

Belle wrote:........

Do you know what some people call her even today?? SNOREEN!!!!!!!! That's absolutely disgusting!!!!!!

Even before ESC 2015 people said Sweden have nice song but we don't want them to win. It's too early. It's clear that people voted for Italy only because they wanted to Italy rather than Sweden again.

Before ESC 2015 I asked on Facebook: Why do people overreact everything about Sweden every year? The answer I got was: because you are SWEDEN!!!!! If it is about another country then no one would care about it the person continued. ........
Never heard of Snoreen! What does it mean?
They just liked Italy song more THIS year!That's all!
There is not an antiswedish epidemia! They are only songs!
mastiha
mastiha
GREECE'S GOVERNOR
GREECE'S GOVERNOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next